Glossary of Terms
- Brandy – a spirit produced by distilling wine
- Grappa – a grape-based pomace brandy
- Pomace – the solid remains, stems, skins, pulp, and seeds, after pressing out the juice
Although originally the drink may have been something to be endured as much as it was something to be enjoyed, the spirit is now commercially available and highly prized among enthusiasts. To purists, it is uniquely a product of Italy.
Grappa…How it was that biofuel could be mistaken for a purportedly tasty alcoholic beverage, who can say? But that’s what happened. Vincent Summers of Australia was one of four partakers. Sadly, this led to the death of three of the four, including Vincent. Fortunately for him, Joshua recuperated. Even his vision is unimpaired.
- Clear Creek Distillery: Grappas
- Life in Italy…Italy’s Elixir
- ABC News – Australia: Grappa Poisoning…
- ABC News – Australia: Joshua Lynam Released from Hospital